[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Expansion tank

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Tue May 29 12:46:08 BST 2007

I fitted an expansion tank to my Rover 2000, with horizontal flow radiator
just recently. I used a 1 litre Daily Juice orange juice container from the
supermarket. It cost $3 with orange juice, which tasted good. I used 2 cable
ties to attach it, cost 5 cents. I already had a coolant recovery radiator
cap. 1 piece of vinyl hose (cost 10cents) and one small hose clamp, cost $2.
Total cost $5.17. Works fine, however you may need to replace the bottle
every 5 years of so, as the do crack after a while.

James.