[ROVERNET - UK] 2000 project or parts car in NE Massachusetts

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Thu Nov 8 14:05:55 GMT 2007

Passing along this craigslist ad for a 2000 for sale in MA, along with a
note from the person selling.  Not sure if it is his or the shop owner's
car...  Looks like there are photos on craigslist.

--Steve Manwell

Hi Steve,

Sorry I did not get to Larz Anderson for that event. I am trying to save
this 1968 TC 2000 Rover from being junked. I will email the post from
Craig's List. The mechanic that owns it needs the space. He bought it
and never had time to do anything with it. It does run but does not
drive. I was looking for 500.00 for it. I tried to sell it twice on Ebay
and have had no luck. If you know where else to list this for sale or
know someone that would be interested please let me know. By the way I
am in Malden.

Thanks Scott 617 894 0800
onbelayscott at comcast.net

onbelayscott at comcast.net has forwarded you this craigslist.org posting.
Please see below for more information.

    1968 Rover TC 2000 Very rare

Reply to: sale-471461067 at craigslist.org
<mailto:sale-471461067 at craigslist.org>
Date: 2007-11-07, 7:39AM

This is a 1968 Rover with a 4 cylinder motor and a 4 speed manual
transmission. I am selling this for my Saab mechanic and he has been
working on Saabs for over 30 years. He has to many projects and needs to
sell this one. He purchased it in 1998 and it was last inspected in MA
in 1997. It runs and fairly well and will need an exhaust. It has not
been driven since 1998. Currently it cannot be driven as it needs brakes
and the clutch is frozen. It does not have a title so I am selling this
for parts only. All windows are in tact and do not have any cracks or
chips. It is definitely worth restoring as the rust is not that bad. The
floor pans and trunk are solid are solid. There is rust where the spare
tire sits but it is not rusted through, surface only. I took many photos
to show the condition of the car. This is a complete car with an extra
head,extra wheel, spare tire cover, 5 hubcaps without any curb rash and
other parts in the photos. The hubcaps that are on the car do not have
any rash or dents either. The tires hold air and need to be replaced.
The Rover letters on the trunk are there and have been removed and are
in the trunk along with an extra wheel. The jack is there but the lug
wrench is missing. All body panels are straight and the only missing
trim is on the right rear. The seats need to be redone although the rear
seats are in good condition as well as the head liner. The rust shown on
the bottom of the car is mostly surface rust. The photos near the bottom
are the wheel wells. The drivers side is rusty and the other 3 are fine.
There isn't any manual.500.00 or best offer