[ROVERNET - UK] Re: rovernet Digest, Vol 58, Issue 17

Chris J Wilson chris at chris-wilson.org
Sun Sep 16 21:55:21 BST 2007

I have to agree with Laine on this one too! Although I have three V8s (four if you include the Rangie), my favourite has always been my '67 2000SC. She's older and slower than the others, but when you're behind the wheel, she just feels alive. I've rebuilt the engine from scratch, and I know every single noise she makes..

Ahh, love ;)

On another note, I stopped into the BMHIT museum at Gaydon on my way home this morning as it's only recently reopened. I was surprised to see that they haven't got the Rover BRM out on display at the moment, but I see see the old favourites:

Series 1 P6 2000SC
T3
T4
SD1 Estate
P6BS
Several P5B's - ex PM and the Queen's car
P4 75 Cyclops - later model due to the number of slats on the grille
P3 75
the last ever Rover, a 75
several vintage models, including the oldest surviving Rover, a 1904 8hp and a 1906
1907 20hp
a Starley cycle (1886) and motorcycle (guessing at 1920's)
+ a Marauder

All in all, not a bad display of cars, but I'm not sure that I like the new layout and the addition of the more popular/Ford-related range, such as the several Aston Martins in the entrance.

Have to find somewhere to put some photos up now..

Regards,

Chris