[ROVERNET - UK] What to Pay

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Sat Feb 23 03:05:25 GMT 2008

Ben and Vern,

These are reasonable considerations, though I would add that a special
Rovernut version of economics can be applied to the steps between the
$500 and the $5000.  If you apply real-world economics -- that is, what
you would have to pay someone to do all steps of the restoration -- then
nearly any potential Rover project would get scrapped, and many other
makes of car too.  Instead, Rovernomics says that all the steps that you
or a buddy can do get charged at $0.00 per hour, because you enjoy doing
the work and the challenge of preserving a Rover.

I value a project car that needs mainly mechanical and electrical work
more than one that needs rust repair, a complete re-paint, or all new
upholstry, etc.  Others who prefer doing welding or paint work or happen
to have a great spare interior for the car being considered, might value
it differently.

--Steve