Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Wed Jan 23 15:44:50 GMT 2008

The leak cannot be coming from there, that plate seals the water 
passages, not oil.

You either have the o-ring seal between the cylinder head and block 
leaking, or a badly leaking valve cover gasket. The latter is 
trivial, but the O-ring requires replacement by pulling the cylinder 
head. From the amount you describe, I suspect (hope) it is just the 
valve cover gasket that is at fault.


>My '68  TC has developed a strong oil leak that appears to originate 
>from the "Rear cover plate" (528106) at the back of the cylinder 
>head. It's bad enough that I lose half a quart of oil every couple 
>weeks, and am getting lots of oil slicks on my driveway.  Is this a 
>familiar problem for anyone?  Is it a typical TC problem?  In any 
>case I'm looking for the "joint washer," i.e. gasket, (566850) that 
>goes under the plate, although I guess I can make one if I have to.
>rovernet mailing list
>rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
>To unsubscribe, go to this web page, look near the bottom and follow 
>Back-up list and photos at:

Vern Klukas                             I'm a little . . .
Inkspot Type & Design
vern at inkspotco.com

More information about the rovernet mailing list