[ROVERNET - UK] Fuel Tank Cleaning.

S Manwell s_manwell at alum.swarthmore.edu
Tue Jul 15 12:11:05 BST 2008

Hello James,

I agree with others that a good local radiator shop should be able to
clean and coat the inside of tank.  I had one done several years ago
(not yet tested however) and they used a red material that apparently
was common in the industry.

Alternatively, Dad and I have removed several tanks from 2000TC parts
cars that may be useable as-is, though a coating to keep the rust
particles at bay is not a bad idea with any 40-year-old tank including
these.  They are stored in western Massachusetts, but we could get one
at least as far as Syracuse by mid August, maybe sooner.

--Steve